Project Photo coming in September
What we will cover in this class.
- Digitizing with on-board tools.
- Scanning images and line drawings into machine for digitizing.
- Digitizing images from the USB import.
- Using and manipulating built in fonts.
- Creating applique on board
- Embroidery placement through scanning or app placement
- Using adjustable bias binder foot
- Applying an exposed zipper
- Using an adjustable zipper foot
- Applying Stippling with built-in designs
- Creating Decorative Frames with built-in shapes and outline stitches
For These Machines Only: Babylock and Brother Combo machines with Scanning or App Placement Capabilities
If you use an Embroidery-only version you can participate in the embroidery portion but will not be able to do the sewing features and construction of the project in class unless you bring a sewing machine. Instructions are included so the construction can be completed at home. You are welcome to stay and watch the construction in class.
If you are interested in purchasing one of these machines, there are a limited number of event machines that can be borrowed for this class with prior reservation when registering in-person at the store.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THIS CLASS: Project Kit which includes
- Fabrics, Stabilizers, Batting, Artwork, Embroidery Designs, Velcro, Bias Binding, Extensive project directions
REQUIREMENTS and SUPPLIES FOR THIS CLASS: BRING A SACK LUNCH
- Your machine must have the latest update installed.
- One of the above sewing/embroidery machines, embroidery arm, embroidery foot, N or N+ foot, (or walking foot), adjustable Zipper foot, Adjustable Bias Binding Foot, Scanning Hoop or Placement App on your phone.
- If you do not have the N+ foot, you will need the Digital Dual feed Foot
- If your machine uses the placement app you need to make sure you have named your machine in the settings menu so your phone app can find your machine and NOT your neighbor’s machine.
- Fine Tip Stylus for Machine Screen ( Not included with machines other than Solaris Vision and Luminaire XJ3.)
- 5 X7 Hoop and Large Hoop
- Pre-wound Embroidery Bobbins 2 or 3
- 1 Sewing Bobbin
- Sewing Thread for Organizer Construction
- Several Colors of Embroidery Thread (See Sample which will be available In September.)
- Size 90/14 Embroidery Needle
- Rotary Cutter
- Hera Marker
- Quilt Clips (Kwik Clips)
NOTE: Class will start promptly at 10:00am as we have a lot to cover in one day. Please be ready to roll at 10:00am with your machine set up and your class items at your table with trolleys and bags stored away from our working area.
The store will open at 9:30am that morning for class attendees only. Lunch is from 12:30-1:00pm.