Expecting a bundle of joy and need some roomier jeans around the tummy area? There is a great little hack to turn a regular pair of jeans into maternity jeans to get you through those nine months and beyond! Use your current jeans, or perhaps some that are a little bit too big (pre-pregnancy), or some you’ve purchased from a resell shop. I do recommend a size up from your pre-pregnancy size so that there is a little room to grow.
Supplies: • Sewing Machine with foot control and accessories
• Pair of regular jeans (size up or two recommended)
• 3” Black Elastic (enough to go around your waist plus a little)
• ¼ yd. Navy colored Jersey Knit Fabric
• Sewing Thread that matches the Jersey Knit Fabric
• Ballpoint or Stretch Sewing Machine Needle
• Highly recommended accessory: Teflon Foot (for sewing and serging) • Optional use: Overcasting Foot (comes with most Baby Lock Machines) • Fabric marking pen/chalk • Optional: Wonder
Sharp dressmaker scissors
We will provide a Babylock serger for finishing seams.